Lemon meringue white chocolate truffles (makes 16)
200g white chocolate drops
3 tbsp double cream (heavy cream)
1 tsp natural lemon flavouring
8 small meringues, crushed
White chocolate vermicelli for rolling them in.
- Place the chocolate drops and cream in a medium sized saucepan on a medium heat.
- Stir until chocolate has completely melted and has a smooth texture.
- Remove from heat and whisk in lemon flavouring and crushed meringues, until you have a smooth consistency.
- Pour into small bowl and refrigerate for about 1 1/2 hours, or until set.
- Scoop tsp of chocolate mix into your hand and roll into a ball shape.
- Roll in vermicelli to coat.
- Refrigerate to store, for up to a week (but best served at room temperature).
Hotel Chocolat sent me some 40% milk chocolate drops and some white chocolate drops to play with. Knowing how much my older sister loves Hotel Chocolat chocolate I thought I would make some chocolate truffles to sit on my Winter Woodland dessert table. I started off with rich milk chocolate ones, then went onto mixing other flavours in them like the delicious Baileys ones and seasonal toffee apple ones.
Then it was time to turn my attention to the white chocolate drops! I again started off with simply indulgent plain white chocolate ones, then as my favourite fudge flavour is lemon meringue I thought I would try lemon meringue truffles. They taste delicious and I am so happy with how they turned out.
Have a sweet day!