For the past couple of years I have decorated each guest's table setting on my Easter table with a hand-painted bird house with a little straw nest filled with chocolate eggs inside. This year I wanted a change so I have gone for small wooden bird houses which I have decorated to match my new colour theme of pink and blue, and decorated them with painted paper butterflies to match the butterflies on my bird trail tablecloth.
Easter Butterfly Bird Houses
What you will need:
Six wooden bird houses
Pale blue and pale pink card
Tonic Studio multi-detail craft punch - Butterfly
Flamingo Fun pink paint
Pink paper filler
Foil wrapped chocolate eggs
- Masking tape body of house below roofs
- Paint three roofs in pink and three in blue (I did three coats of each colour) and leave to dry
- Masking tape off roofs and paint body of houses in three coats of white, leave to dry
- Masking tape off body and paint bottom of houses in green, leave to dry.
- Punch out three butterflies in blue card and three in pink card
- Fold wings back
- Paint front and back of pink card butterflies in pink paint, paint front and back of blue card butterflies in blue paint, leave to dry
- Put a small dab of PVA glue on back of butterflies
- Stick a pink butterfly to a blue roof and vice versa until all roofs have a butterfly on top
- Separate pink paper shredding filler into three piles and blue feathers into three piles
- Fill blue roofed houses with pink paper shredding and pink roofed houses with blue feathers
- Fill houses with loads of foil wrapped eggs!
Have a sweet day!