On a recent trip to the New Covent Garden Market in London I spied a massive box of clear acrylic butterflies. I had bought similar looking maple leaves just before Christmas and had loved how they looked after a lick of white paint and some baker's yarn. I knew I had to purchase some of the butterflies with the view to paint them in pink and blue to match my Easter Palette.
I love how they turned out and now I need to get on with making this year's Easter Tree to hang them on.
Easter Hanging Butterflies
What you will need:
14 Acrylic butterflies
Pink frosted glass beads
Blue frosted glass beads
28 green wooden beads
Mono filament 0.23mm
Flamingo Fun pink paint
- Wash butterflies in warm soapy water and leave to dry
- Paint seven butterflies in pink (I did three coats) and leave to dry
- Repeat with remaining butterflies in blue and leave to dry
- Cut 20 cm of mono filament
- Thread mono filament through hole in centre of butterfly and tie in a knot
- Thread three beads in alternating colours down both ends of thread, and push below knot
- Thread ten beads in alternating colours, finishing with one green bead down each side
- Knot ends
Have a sweet day!