Thursday, 22 December 2011

Pretty Pinecones

Pretty Pinecones by Torie Jayne

This has to be one of the cheapest, cute decorations I have made this year. Just simply collect pine cones from your local woods, park etc. wash them in soapy water and leave to dry. Then paint them in shades of colours to match your Christmas decor. I also PVA glued a few and sprinkled them in coarse glitter to give them an icy effect.


Hand painted & glitterd pinecones and felted acorns

Have a sweet day!
Share/Bookmark

9 comments:

  1. I love your ideas. So affordable and adorable too. I will be remembering this for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Torie!

    These pinecones are so beautiful! How did you paint them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the very same idea for my Advent decoration this year. You can see it [HERE] if you want...!

    I used FolkArt paint and a small brush for the cones. Very easy! :-)

    Merry Christmas ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I'll have to try that next year!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute...I am going to have to do this for sure. Love the colors!
    Daisy~

    ReplyDelete
  6. love these! Would never have thought to do them in pastel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. I love reading them all.