As promised, here is my gluten-free orange creamy cupcakes recipe. I topped these with a swirl of creamy vanilla buttercream frosting using a piping bag fitted with a round nozzle and decorated them with a pastel mix of funfetti.
Gluten-free orange creamy cupcakes (makes 12 cupcakes)
- 90g butter, softened
- 90g cream cheese, softened
- 200g unsalted butter
- rind of one orange, finely grated
- 150g caster sugar (2/3 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 125g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- Heat oven to 180C (fan 160C) or gas mark 5
- Line baking tray with cases
- In a food mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar, orange rind and eggs till you have a light and fluffy mixture
- Add flour and beat on low, until you have a smooth batter
- Divide batter between the cases
- Bake for about 20 mins until cakes bounce back when lightly pressed
Have a sweet day!